Sunday, April 24, 2011

How to be Indiana Jones

When I was 11 years old, I really wanted a gray felt that my grandfather owned.I never got the hat, and I’m still mad about it. Dammit.
I’ve always loved brim hats. There’s something that feels manly about them. It must be the gender-mirror image of how a high-heel, makeup or a sugar daddy might make lady feel more feminine. I think to myself, if I wear this hat, I can be like:





Except with a new age, urban Boho, funky philosophy. All added up, that might look like:(hopefully)
And although I love hats, and plan on fully reinstating their place in my life this spring, summer and fall, I also don’t know as much as I should. Which probably means that many of you know less. Here’s a quick run through of the more popular styles that will keep you from sounding silly at that trendy new underground, Depression era-themed speakeasy bar (I’m also including a character analysis of each hat, just because).
Fedora.


//you’re Justin Timberlake

Panama/Borsalino.
//you’re Indiana Jones




pork pie.
//you’re a Brooklyn blogger/photographer/serial freelancer


boater
//you’re André 3000

No comments:

Post a Comment